Sunday, March 4, 2012

Graphics Elements 1: Inkscape Introduction


     Hey everyone, today I am starting my graphics elements series with a introductory tutorial on using Inkscape. I have been creating many plants lately for my game and decided to post a tutorial explaining the process I used for creating these graphics. I use the same general process for pretty much everything that I do in Inkscape. In the future I hope to post more videos explaining some of the more interesting techniques that I have learned.

     Inkscape is a vector based graphics program, rather than pixel based programs like gimp. The main advantage of vector graphics is that they do not lose quality when scaled. Of all of the graphics programs that I have used Inkscape is by far the most intuitive and I use it for everything from games to diagrams for reports. I highly recommend Inkscape as one of the best open source graphics programs available.

Inkscape Official Website: inkscape.org

No comments:

Post a Comment